EXIM BANK’S LINE OF CREDIT OF USD 1 BILLION TO THE GOVERNMENT OF NEPAL
A.P. (DIR SERIES 2014-15) CIRCULAR NO.100, DATED 14-5-2015
Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has entered into an Agreement dated November 25, 2014 with the Government of Nepal, for making available to the latter, a Line of Credit (LOC) of USD 1 billion (USD One billion) for financing of hydropower, irrigation and infrastructure development projects in Nepal. The goods, machinery, equipment and services including consultancy services from India for exports under this Agreement are those which are eligible for export under the Foreign Trade Policy of the Government of India and whose purchase may be agreed to be financed by the Exim Bank under this Agreement. Out of the total credit by Exim Bank under this Agreement, the goods and services including consultancy services of the value of at least 75 per cent of the contract price shall be supplied by the seller from India except from civil works for which 50% of the contract price shall be supplied by the Seller from India.
2. The Credit Agreement under the LOC is effective from March 27, 2015. Under the LOC, the last date for opening of letters of credit and disbursement will be 48 months from the scheduled completion date of contract in the case of project exports and November 24, 2020 (72 months from the execution date of the Credit Agreement) in the case of other supply contracts.
3. Shipments under the LOC will have to be declared on EDF/ SDF Forms as per instructions issued by the Reserve Bank from time to time.
4. No agency commission is payable under the above LOC. However, if required, the exporter may use his own resources or utilize balances in his Exchange Earners’ Foreign Currency Account for payment of commission in free foreign exchange. Authorised Dealer Category- l (AD Category-l) banks may allow such remittance after realization of full payment of contract value subject to compliance with the prevailing instructions for payment of agency commission.
5. AD Category-I banks may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their exporter constituents and advise them to obtain full details of the Line of Credit from the Exim Bank’s office at Centre One, Floor 21, World Trade Centre Complex, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400 005 or log on to www.eximbankindia.in.
6. The Directions contained in this circular have been issued under sections 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999 (42 of 1999) and are without prejudice to permissions / approvals, if any, required under any other law.