IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 51A OF UAPA, 1967 – UPDATES OF THE UNSCR 1267(1999)/1989(2011) COMMITTEE’S AL-QAIDA SANCTIONS LIST – PRIMARY (URBAN) CO-OPERATIVE BANKS (UCBs)/STATE AND CENTRAL CO-OPERATIVE BANKS
CIRCULAR DCBR.BPD (PCB/RCB) CIR. NO. 8/14.01.062/2014-15, DATED 7-1-2015
Please refer to our circular UBD.BPD.(PCB/RCB).CIR.No.7/14.01.062/2014-15 dated January 7, 2015 on the captioned subject releasing 23rd update dated December 30, 2014 regarding UNSCR 1267(1999)/1989(2011) Committee’s Al Qaida Sanctions List.
2. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), UNP Division has forwarded 1st update dated January 2, 2015 regarding deletion of two entries to the sanction list (copy enclosed). Press release pertaining to 1st update of 2015 is available at: http://www.un.org/press/en/2015/sc11725.doc.htm
A link to updated list of individuals and entities linked to Al Qaida is available at: http://www.un.org/sc/committees/1267/pdf/AQList.pdf
3. Primary (Urban) Cooperative Banks and State and Central Co-operative Banks are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank of India and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
4. Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circulars UBD.CO.BPD. PCB. Cir. No. 21/12.05.001/2009-10 dated November 16, 2009 and RPCD.CO.RF.AML.BC.No.34/07.40.00/2009-10 dated October 29, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
5. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities is concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 7 of the circular dated November 16, 2009 in respect of UCBs and paragraph 4 of the circular dated October 29, 2009 in respect of StCBs and CCBs.
6. A link of press releases in which the relevant changes to the list are announced are posted on the Committee’s website at the following URL: http://www.un.org/sc/committees/1267/pressreleases.shtml
7. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular to the concerned Regional Offices.