IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 51A OF UAPA, 1967 – UPDATES OF UNSCR 1267 (1999)/1989 (2011) COMMITTEE’S AL QAIDA SANCTIONS LIST
CIRCULAR DBR.AML.NO.14529/14.06.001/2014-15, DATED 31-3-2015
Please refer to our circular DBR. AML No. 13793/14.06.001/2014-15 dated March 19, 2015 on the captioned subject releasing 5th update dated March 13, 2015 regarding UNSCR 1267(1999) / 1989(2011) Committee’s Al Qaida Sanctions List.
2. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), UNP Division has forwarded 6th update dated March 16, 2015 regarding deletion of four entries to the sanction list. Press release pertaining to 6th update of March 16, 2015 is available at:
A link to updated list of individuals and entities linked to Al Qaida is available at:
3. Banks/All India Financial Institutions are required to update the list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
4. Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular DBOD.AML.BC. No. 44/14.01.001/2009-10 dated September 17, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
5. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 6 of the circular dated September 17, 2009, mentioned above.
6. A link of press releases in which the relevant changes to the list are announced are posted on the Committee’s website at the following URL:
7. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular.