Services for the Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants in Hospitality Sector
With the levy of service tax effective May 1, 2011 on services rendered by air-conditioned Restaurants and short term accommodation services rendered by Clubs, Hotels, Inns, etc., compliance related to service tax has become extremely important for these sectors. Moreover, VAT has already been charged on the sale of food items and beverages, for a long time now. Hotels and Clubs are also covered under the provisions related to luxury tax and entertainment tax.
The Central Government has announced an abatement scheme for these services, which if adopted, would result in denial of cenvat credit.
As part of our services to Hotels, Restaurants, Clubs, Inns, etc. which form part of the Hospitality Sector, we can handle the following requirements:
- handling all requirements related to luxury tax including filing of returns, handling assessments, etc.
- handling all requirements related to entertainment tax including filing of returns, handling of assessment proceedings, etc.
- handling all requirements related to VAT including filing of returns, availment of input tax credit, filing of monthly returns, handling assessments and re-assessments, audits, investigations, etc.
- handling all requirements related to service tax including computation of the monthly liability, availment of and utilization cenvat credit, filing of half yearly returns, handling issues concerning the Service Tax Department, handling service tax audits, etc.
- handling issues related to DGFT schemes and benefits including advice on imports at concessional duties, etc.